Hello Sewists! Karie Jewell here from Two Kwik Quilters.
For my Back to School Sewing Series project, I’m sharing my Kwik Sparklers Binder Cover Tutorial! Who doesn’t love a fresh new notebook cover to doodle on? This binder cover was super fun to make. You can get really creative with it and make it your own! Plus, it’s great for students and teachers alike.
I designed this binder cover with that idea in mind, using a Kwik Sparkler Block from my new English Paper Piecing pattern and hand embroidery doodles.
I used a ton of Sulky® products to make this happen because they have EVERYTHING!
- Sulky 60 Wt. PolyLite™ poly thread for the English Paper Piecing
- Sulky Invisible Thread for stitching the appliqué in place
- Sulky Stick ‘n Stitch™ and Sulky 12 Wt. Cotton Petites™ for my embroidery
- Stabilized with Sulky Fuse n’ Stitch™ and Sulky Soft ‘n Sheer™ Extra.
- Sulky KK 2000™ Temporary Spray Adhesive to spray baste for keeping the batting in place
- Quilted with a mix of Sulky 30 Wt. Cotton and Cotton + Steel 50 Wt. Cotton Thread by Sulky
Hop over to my blog for the detailed instructions!