It’s October! Which means I can finally put out all my Halloween Decor without guilt. We love Halloween at our house. We have spiderwebs, spooky ghosts and carved pumpkins in every room. My girls love carving pumpkins and I as I talked about in this post here, I expect this annual tradition to be a little easier this year thanks to Sulky Stick ‘n Carve.
Stick ‘n Carve™ makes carving pumpkins, both real and craft pumpkins, so easy! But with all the options of stencils out there, I thought you might like a round up of some stencils that I have found.
- Better Homes and Gardens: this is a great site, full of free stencils that range from easy, like this Frankenstein
To stencils for a master carver like this Pine cone
- Zombie Pumpkins: Sulky has worked with Ryan Wickstrand from Zombie Pumpkins for a long time because he has amazing designs and great videos on how to carve a great pumpkins using Stick n Carve. Check out this video:
- HGTV: I can spend hours on this site! I get great home decor inspiration from here, but I especially love the easy Pumpkin carving stencils. These are perfect for younger kids and first time carvers. Look at this great kitty!
- Pumpkin Pile: I just discovered this site. They have hundreds of designs that are simple, fun and free! I like this spider one.
- Joann.com Idea Center: the idea center has all kinds of fun projects for all skill levels that range from easy kid-friendly crafting to more complex sewing projects. They currently have two projects in the Halloween section that use Sulky Stick ‘n Carve. Selma is a great free project from Zombie Pumpkins and a cute pumpkin centerpiece from Smoothfoam. Click on the picture to go directly to the instructions and templates.
Once you have found the perfect stencil for you, just print it right onto the Stick ‘n Carve, remove the backing sheet and stick it right onto you pumpkin. Carve out the design and wash the stencil away. That’s it! Now enjoy the season and be sure to eat an extra piece of candy or two.