Spooky Fun Halloween Table Runner
designed by Melanie Call, a Bit of Scrap Stuff
Create a Halloween table runner that’s perfect for decorating your space for spooky fun. This table runner features fussy cut Halloween motifs, but any fun fabric will do for the block creation. Note: If fussy cutting or working with a directional print, more fabric may be needed.
TABLE RUNNER SUPPLIES
- Sulky 50 Wt. Cotton Thread – (grab the Quilting HalloweenHaunt Palette to have several great Halloween-themed colors at your fingertips)
- 1/4 to 1/2 yard Focal Print Fabric (*If fussy cutting use at least 1/2 yard)
- (12) 10″ Squares of Block Fabrics
- 1/2 yard each of 3 coordinating fabrics (1: Blocks & Inner Border, 2: Outer Border, 3: Binding)
- 26″ x 46″ rectangle of fabric (Backing)
- Fabrics used in cover sample: Spooky Hollow designed by Melissa Mortensen for Riley Blake Designs
See project instructions download for cutting instructions.
TIPS FOR AN EXTRA SPOOKY TABLE RUNNER
To create a table runner that’s extra “spooky,” use a striped fabric for the binding, and then cut it on the cross-grain or bias. The featured black and white striped fabric really adds a spooky touch to the finished table runner.
Try quilting with Sulky Poly Sparkle Thread. This 30 wt. Thread is polyester but has flecks of metallic running through it. Pair it with a 90/14 Organ® Needle for best results. Grab a Haunting Halloween 6-pack Sampler or Ultimate Halloween 12-pack of Poly Sparkle Thread to have all the great Halloween-themed colors ready for stitching.
Have fun making a Halloween table runner and welcoming the ghouls and goblins this fall!
Show us your table runner makes by tagging @Sulky of America on social with #sewbetterwithsulky. We can’t wait to see what you’ll create.