Holiday Pillow Pattern
with Fur Stocking Machine Embroidery
designed by Ellen March
After embroidery, the thread is brushed with the wire Filaine brush, to “bloom” the thread and create a faux-fur effect.
Sulky Poly Star™ thread is used for the stocking outline to add some festive sparkle. The 30 wt. thread is polyester with flecks of metallic running through it, so it’s the easiest metallic thread to sew!
The pillowcase base is sewn in luxurious wool felt by The Felt Pod and is stuffed with Poly-Fil from Fairfield World. To celebrate Fairfield World’s 80th Birthday Celebration, Sulky designed these pillows. Happy Birthday, Fairfield!
FREE instructions include steps to make the small pillow featured above as well as the large pillow featured below. Make both and arrange them together. Or, choose just one to add to your holiday pillow collection.
HOLIDAY PILLOW SUPPLIES
- Sulky Fur Stocking machine embroidery design (2×3 for small pillow, 3×4 for large pillow)
- Thread: Sulky Filaine™ (Light Mist: 864-3976), Poly Star™ (Burgundy with Tone on Tone Sparkle: 965-0906), Bobbin (White: 882-0010), 50 wt. Cotton+Steel thread (Black 753-1005)
- Sulky Sticky+™ stabilizer
- Organ™ Needles: size 90/14 Embroidery or Titanium (for Poly Star outline stitching) & 100/16 Top Stitch Titanium (for fur cuff Filaine stitching)
- Polyester fiberfill (featured: Poly-Fil by Fairfield World)
- Filaine wire brush
- KK 2000™ Temporary Spray Adhesive
- Appliqué scissors
- Fray Check™
- Removable fabric marker, such as a chalk pencil
FOR LARGE PILLOW
- (2) 18” wool felt sheets (featured: Red Wool Felt by The Felt Pod)
- (4) 5” x 7” rectangles of cotton print fabric (appliqués)
- 2 1/4 yards of 1 ½”-diameter white pom-pom fringe trim
FOR SMALL PILLOW
- (2) 9” x 16” rectangles of wool felt (featured: Red Wool Felt by The Felt Pod)
- (4) 3” x 4” rectangles of cotton print fabric (appliqués)
- (4) 11” lengths & (1) 18” length of 1/8”-wide black ribbon or baby rickrack
- Pre-made black ribbon bows (optional)
Grab the tutorial for FREE, which includes the Sulky Fur Stocking machine embroidery design file in the format of your choice. (Note: Bernina users use EXP; ART is unavailable.)